Peter gave students one simple prompt to unleash the creators, innovators and entrepreneurs in his business studies class:
“Create a business around a single product or service to help improve your experience at school.”
And then he got out of their way.
How might you unleash the creators, innovators and entrepreneurs in your classroom?
In this interview, learn (or unlearn) from ‘The Unlearning Coach’ how to:
- Frame empowering learning experiences
- Provide a simple roadmap to help students reflect regularly and build their work
- Transform students into self-managers using one simple tool
- Manage student teams without ever telling them what to do
- Empower your most hard to reach students through real world learning experiences
Learn more about Peter’s Work:
Twitter and Instagram @peterhostrawser
Known as “The Unlearning Coach,” Peter Hostrawser has been a business educator in the Chicago area for over 20 years founding the OPRF School of Business at Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois. He is an entrepreneur and change agent for traditional educational systems as well as a business coach. Peter has helped hundreds of entrepreneurs start and continue their paths to success. Peter is the host of the Disrupt Education Podcast where creative and non-traditional learners share their stories and thoughts on how to change education. He currently teaches business at Amos Alonzo Stagg High School in Palos Hills, Illinois, USA and is an EdTech consultant. His value is to help others find and show their value.